HEALTH PASS. Faced with the resurgence of the Covid-19 epidemic, the government has tightened the health protocol, conditioning the health pass to the booster dose and tests whose validity has been reduced, then reinforcing it in sports practice.
[Mis à jour le 2 décembre 2021 à 18h06] Since November 26, 2021, the sanitary pass is required in all indoor sports facilities (from the gymnasium to the swimming pool, including the ice rink, horse riding arenas) and outdoor (from the stadium to racetracks via sports fields ). It is only exempt in the context of school, university or professional training sport or for sporting events subject to a declaration or authorization procedure.
From December 15, the health pass for over 65s is conditioned on the booster dose, within 7 months after their second dose of two-dose vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca) or within a period of one month after the injection of the Janssen single dose vaccine.
The same measure will apply to all French adults from January 15, 2022, pfor everyone over 18 who received their last injection for more than 7 months. When will the health pass be deactivated? How can I find the date of my previous injection? Which test should you prefer if you have not been vaccinated? Find more precisely all the answers to your questions on the new measures of the health pass below:
Is the third dose of vaccine compulsory to maintain the health pass?
Today no, but it will soon be the case, except to be tested each time you need the health pass and therefore potentially every day since the validity period for PCR or antigen tests is reduced to 24 hours.
- For over 65s, the health pass is made inactive from December 15th, as explained by the Minister of Health Olivier Véran during his press briefing on November 25: “from December 15, the health pass for over 65s will no longer be active if the recall has not been made in seven months after infection or after the last injection.
- “Starting the January 15th, this health pass for all other audiences, i.e. French people aged 18 to 64, will no longer be active if the booster has not been given within this period which remains unchanged from seven months after the last injection. ”For the others, the dates will differ depending on when they will have received the second dose.
- The booster dose can be given in one of the 1,100 vaccination centers throughout the country, with an attending physician, nurse or midwife.
When is the health pass conditional on the booster dose?
Olivier Véran gave a key date during his press briefing on Thursday, November 25: January 15, 2022. But what does this date represent? Quite simply the beginning of the link between 3rd dose and validity of the health pass for vaccinated people. From January 15, 2022, the health pass will be valid if it is conditioned on the booster dose, for adults between 18 and 64 years old. But beware, this date is only a deadline for the launch of the campaign. It all depends on the date of your 2nd injection. Your health pass will be deactivated after 7 months if the third dose is not injected. This 3rd dose can be administered 5 months after the second injection and a maximum of 7 months later. For example, if you received your 2nd dose of vaccine on July 1, 2021, you may receive the 3rd dose on December 1 and will therefore have two months to receive it. Your health pass will be valid until February 1, i.e. seven months after the injection of the 2nd dose. On February 2, 2022, if you have not had a 3rd dose, the health pass will be invalid.
On what date is the health pass deactivated in the absence of a booster dose?
The deactivation of the sanitary pass will be triggered beyond the 7th month after the last dose received (the first or the second dose depending on the vaccine). In order to alert those affected by the expiration of their health pass, “a new option will be available on the TousAntiCovid application, which will alert you when your pass expires. Your page will change color when you present the pass, so that you can clearly see the time left before deactivation, “said the Minister of Health.
Messages will be sent via the TousAntiCovid application to notify you of the imminent invalidity of your health pass. You can check the date of your 2nd dose directly on your Ameli account or on the Tous Anti-Covid app. For that you need :
- Open the All AntiCovid app
- Go down to the “Sanitary Pass” section and click on “Open my notebook”
- Click on the QR Code in the “Recent certificates” section or in “Favorite certificates” if you have added it as a favorite.
- Click on the tab at the top right “Border”
- The injection date is then displayed under the QR Code and under certain information: your name, your date of birth, the type of vaccine administered (Moderna, Pfizer, etc.) and the number of doses received: 1/2 or 2 / 2. Below is a field: Injection date followed by the date of the 2nd injection.
It is this date that must be used to calculate your date of eligibility for the 3rd dose and the deadline before invalidity of the health pass (7 months after this 2nd dose).
When will the over 65 health pass be deactivated?
The deactivation of the health pass for people over 65 only occurs once the deadline of 6 months and 5 weeks after the second injection has been exceeded, and this from December 15, 2021. “Alerts” will be put in place in TousAntiCovid, “which will remind you that it is important to recall,” the government spokesman said on Wednesday, November 10.
Who is eligible for the third dose of vaccine?
Since November 27, all adults are eligible for the booster dose. This will be mandatory for this public to keep their health pass valid from January 15, 2022. According to the website of the Ministry of Solidarity and Health, here are the different conditions depending on your vaccine / immunity:
- People 18 years of age and over, with a complete vaccination schedule (two doses for Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca) can be vaccinated as early as 5 months after the last dose of the initial schedule.
- People 18 years of age and over, with a complete vaccination schedule but who were subsequently infected with Covid-19, can be vaccinated as early as 5 months after infection.
- People 18 years of age and over vaccinated with Janssen should first receive an additional injection 4 weeks after vaccination, then a booster dose 5 months after this additional injection.
- People 18 years of age and older first infected with Covid-19 and then vaccinated with Janssen are eligible for a booster dose 4 weeks after their injection.
- People aged 18 and over infected with Covid-19 less than 15 days after their Janssen injection are eligible for the additional dose of mRNA vaccine 4 weeks after infection, then for the booster dose as early as 5 months after this dose additional.
- People aged 18 and over infected with Covid-19 more than 15 days after their injection of Janssen are directly eligible for the booster dose from 5 months after infection (without an additional dose).
- Finally, all severely immunocompromised people benefit, on medical advice, from the booster dose from 3 months after the last injection.
How long are PCR and antigenic tests valid for in the health pass?
For unvaccinated people, the conditions for obtaining the health pass are tightening up. The government has clearly chosen a new incentive for vaccination by restricting the conditions of validity of the health pass obtained via PCR or antigen test. Already payable in October, these tests were valid for 72 hours allowing a health pass to be obtained for 3 days. However, since Monday, November 29, the PCR or antigen test is only valid for 24 hours. “We are reducing the validity period of the PCR test to 24 hours. In other words, very specifically, if you have not yet been vaccinated and you wish to benefit from the health pass, you will have to be tested every day, at your expense, unless you are symptomatic or declared a contact case “, announced the Minister of Health Olivier Véran.
Should we favor the PCR test or the antigen test to obtain the health pass?
Knowing that the validity period of a Covid screening test begins when the sample is taken and not when the results are delivered, which test should be preferred between PCR or antigen? While the results of a PCR test are delivered several hours after collection, for an antigen test, on the other hand, the result is given within 15 to 30 minutes. It is therefore the latter that should be favored.
There are three possibilities to obtain the health pass: the first is to have a complete vaccination schedule. Until now, this vaccination schedule consisted of two doses required for the Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca vaccines (one dose only for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). It is also necessary to respect the period of immunity after the last injection (7 days for Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca, 28 days for Johnson & Johnson). The second is to have a certificate of recovery from Covid-19. Finally, for those who do not wish to be vaccinated or who have not yet received their two doses, the presentation of a PCR or antigen test of less than 24 hours is necessary. Attention, the announcements of the government on November 25, 2021 by the voice of the Minister of Health Olivier Véran change the situation. You will soon have to have your booster dose (3rd dose) to maintain the validity of your health pass. This will no longer be valid if you have not given your 3rd dose 7 months after the 2nd injection, from January 15, 2022. You must therefore consult your health pass to check the date of the last injection to calculate the date. limit. A reminder will also be added to the TousAntiCovid application.
From what age is the health pass compulsory for minors?
Since September 30, the government has indicated that the health pass also applies to minors aged 12 to 17. Adolescents aged 12 and 2 months to 17 years old must have a health pass, just like their elders, to go to restaurants, to the cinema, but also to their basketball, gym or swimming lessons, as part of the leisure and extra-curricular activities. Minors are not yet conditioned to the booster dose.
Until when was the health pass extended?
Through the text of the law “Health Vigilance” adopted definitively on Friday November 5 in Parliament then validated by the Constitutional Council on Tuesday November 9, the government wishes to leave itself “the possibility of extend the health pass until July 31, 2022“.
When will the health pass end?
The Parliament adopted the text of the law extending the health pass until July 31, 2022. Although the health pass will not be “necessarily extended permanently” until this end date, the government wishes to have the possibility of use it when necessary. The health pass may be lifted according to the following criteria, not quantified: rate of positivity of tests, vaccination, saturation of resuscitations. According to government spokesman Gabriel Attal, a default value would be imprecise because if a new variant of Covid-19 were to appear, the situation would change.