Sport is an activity which undoubtedly has a positive impact on human body and mind. Its advantages are enormous. First, in our personal development, sport motivates and brings as many aspects (relational and spiritual). Thanks to sport, your well-being will be increased tenfold and you will sleep better.
So, if you want to stay healthy both mentally and physically, it is essential to integrate physical activity on a regular basis into your daily life. To practice your sport well, remember to equip yourself well. Several brands offer quality equipment. If you want to equip yourself at the best price, we recommend that you consult the offers available on SportSoGood.fr
What are the benefits of exercising on your body and mind?
Sport contributes to our full development through its many benefits. You know and hear everywhere that exercise is good for health and the fitness. It helps to keep the body, reduce stress and make you feel better. The benefits of sport are also reflected in the development of mental health. Indeed, sport is good for your brain. It allows you to better understand yourself, to fight anxiety or to achieve goals.
Plus, physical activity has a positive effect on your mind and mental health. At the end of your workout, you will feel upbeat and relaxed. Exercise can increase creativity and help find solutions to various everyday problems faster. Even walking can increase a person’s creativity by 60%.
Also, it turns out that athletes are more creative, energetic and sincere in their social and professional life.
So what are the consequences of physical activity on your body?
- THE HEAD : up to five (05) times endorphins are released in the brain. The key: physical and mental well-being. The quality of sleep is better. Sport is also an adjunct to the treatment of depression.
- THE HEART : the risk of high blood pressure decreases. For hypertensive patients, blood pressure is reduced and drug treatment may be made unnecessary.
- THE BREASTS: the risk of developing breast cancer decreases by 20 to 80% after menopause, from 15 to 20% before. The risk of recurrence also decreases to 67%.
- THE WEIGHT : physical activity does not cause weight loss because it increases muscle mass. But it tones the figure and reduces, in particular, abdominal fat.
- LUNGS : physical activity is the most effective therapeutic tool in the treatment of bronchopneumopathy.
- THE BACK : the frequency of low back pain and musculoskeletal disorders decrease thanks to muscle strengthening.
- THE VEINS : the concentration of glucose in the blood and therefore the cardiovascular complications decreases for type 2 diabetics.
- LE COLON : the risk of colon cancer decreases by 40 to 50% and the risk of recurrence by 61%.
- THE BONES: the bone mass increases, thus limiting the risks of osteoporosis, responsible in particular for the fracture of the neck of the femur.
Not all sports affect your body the same. Less traumatic than other sports and very accessible, fitness has been a real success in recent years. Now here is our pick of the various benefits of sport on your mind.
The Top 05 Benefits of Sport on Your Mind
- Sport improves concentration: Sport teaches you to think calmly and find new strategies for solving problems. As you get older, exercise can maintain your mental capacity and can also delay memory loss caused by the narrowing of the hippocampus. This is because exercise stimulates the production of neurons in this area, thus delaying memory loss.
- Sport improves your self-confidence: Sport and physical activity can improve self-esteem and self-confidence. The energy and stamina gained through physical activity can help you perform certain daily tasks more easily.
- Sport provides a source of motivation: When you choose to play sports, you create motivation in yourself. This motivation will help you maintain good health, lose weight and participate in competitions, among other things. There are therefore objectives derived from sports practice and motivation.
- Sport reduces stress and depression: When you are physically active, you stop thinking about the stressful aspects of your life. Exercise stimulates production d’endorphines, a natural pleasure hormone and stress reliever, making you happier and more relaxed. Therefore, before taking any chemical medication for anxiety or depression, consider exercising regularly to develop healthy behaviors and lifestyles.
- Sport develops your leadership: Team sports allow you to train, win or lose as a team. You adopt team spirit in your work and in your friendships. Over time, team spirit will bring strong leadership qualities. Therefore, exercise brings positive energy to your life and refreshes your mind, helping you see life in a positive light. As you train, you will notice your progress which will increase your self-confidence.
To go further, you can consult the recommendations of the ministry in charge of sports.