BONUS 100 EUROS. The CROUS will pay the bonus of 100 euros on December 13 and 14 for scholarship students.
[Mis à jour le 13 décembre 2021 à 18h47] It’s official: the payment of the bonus of 100 euros starts this Monday. Announced in the fall by the government in order to respond to the galloping inflation which is undermining the budget of the most modest French, the inflation allowance is paid on December 13 to scholarship students by the CROUS. As a reminder, you do not have to do anything. What about the rest of the calendar? It was announced by the Minister of Public Accounts, Olivier Dussopt:
- From December 20 : the Urssafs pay the inflation compensation for the self-employed and private employers, using the bank details provided.
- By the end of December : employers will pay the bonus of 100 euros for employees
- In January 2022 : it will be the turn of civil servants, job seekers and beneficiaries of social minima.
- February 2022 : retirees will receive the inflation allowance.
The inflation allowance is intended for French people whose resources do not exceed 2,000 euros net “for the period from January 1 to October 31, 2021”, can we read in the implementing decree published on Sunday in the Journal official. “It is not taken into account, where applicable, the reductions made on the remuneration as standard deductions for professional expenses, as well as the indemnities paid to the insured by a paid vacation fund”, it is specified. . The premium is paid on an individual basis: in other words, household resources are not taken into account.
This “exceptional aid” was voted by Parliament at the end of November as part of the second amending finance bill. Remember to check the bank details that you sent to the organization in charge of paying the 100 euros bonus.
Announced by the government last month, it is aimed at the middle classes, regardless of their status:
- Private sector employees
- Scholarship students and students receiving APL. Note: scholarship students must receive an email from Crous to communicate their personal situation. “Thank you for paying attention to your spam!”, Warns the Crous on Twitter. “Only fellows having received the monthly scholarship for October will receive the inflation allowance in December and have therefore received an email. For other scholarship students, payment will take place in January, the date on which we will carry out a new survey by email “.
- Retirees and seniors receiving ASPA
- The self-employed and self-employed
- Job seekers
- Beneficiaries of social minima (RSA, AAH, etc.)
The bonus of 100 euros is granted individually. In other words, the composition of the household is not taken into account to determine eligibility for inflation compensation. Thus, a couple can receive up to 200 euros, i.e. 100 euros each or only 100 euros if only one of the spouses meets the income conditions (read below). In total, 38 million French people will benefit from the 100 euro inflation check.
But who is affected? To determine eligibility for inflation compensation, the government has set a ceiling: are therefore concerned French people who earn less than 2,000 euros net per month – before application of the withholding tax – regardless of their status and profession. To determine the benchmark salary, the executive retained the month of October 2021.
How is the premium of 100 euros calculated?
To be eligible you must earn less than 2,000 euros net per month, i.e. 2,600 euros gross for the month October 2021, whether you are a civil servant, employee, self-employed or retired. Note: this limit of 2,000 euros net corresponds to your remuneration before withholding tax. On the payslip, it will therefore simply be necessary to check the line “net to pay before income tax “, above” net payable “.
Warning: if you are on a short contract (excluding temporary), the payment of the 100 euros bonus is not automatic “if the cumulative working time with the same employer is less than 20 hours”, warns the government in its file. hurry. “It will assume that the beneficiary expressly reports to one of his employers, preferably the one with whom the employment relationship is still in progress, or failing that the one for which they worked the most hours during the month of October “. What about other situations? Linternaute.com summarizes them for you:
- For retirees : you touch the minimum old age (ASPA) or the total amount of your pensions (general, supplementary, survivor’s pension, etc.) is less than 2,000 euros net in October 2021. “The assessment of resources will be made on the basis of basis of the amount of basic and supplementary retirement pensions (eg AGIRC-ARRCO), including survivors’ pensions [du mois d’octobre 2021]”, we say.
- For the self-employed: you must have been in activity in October 2021 and have declared to Urssaf or to the MSA an activity income of less than 2,000 euros net per month “for the year 2020”, it is indicated. “The net income retained is that calculated during the annual declaration of income”, it is recalled. “If the activity is created over the period January-October 2021, this condition will be considered as satisfied”.
- For autoentrepreneurs : your turnover must be at least equal to 900 euros between January 1, 2021 and September 30, 2021. “This amount must also correspond to an average income of 2,000 euros net per month over the period, which corresponds to , taking into account the application of tax deductions according to the nature of their activity, to an average monthly turnover of: € 4,000 for craftsmen; € 6,897 for traders; € 3,030 for liberal professions “, we complete in the press kit.
- For job seekers : you must not be in activity and your allowance must be less than 2,000 euros net.
The objective of the 100 euros bonus is to respond to the distress of the poorest households, whose finances are undermined by galloping inflation. Foodstuffs, energy prices … Many goods and services have increased in recent months due to the strong economic recovery following the coronavirus health crisis. Initially, the executive had worked on setting up a fuel check, intended for households owning a vehicle, and who saw the fuel bill explode with the rise in oil prices. Would you like to know more about the bonus of 100 euros? Linternaute.com answers all your questions. Consult our dedicated file now:
However, this device turned out to be very difficult to implement, to such an extent that the government preferred to give it up, opting for a broader solution, and allowing households to pay for expenses other than fuel. Do you want to anticipate the end of year celebrations? Consult our dedicated file without delay:
Yes. The use of the 100 euros bonus is not regulated, unlike that of the energy check for example. Initially, the government wanted to set up a fuel check (read below), but the device turned out to be too complex to implement. As this premium is paid directly to your bank account, you can therefore use it as you wish (pay for groceries, fuel expenses, energy bills, etc.).
The Family Allowance Fund will be responsible for paying the premium of 100 euros in several cases. Linternaute.com summarizes them for you:
- Students who receive APL
- AAH beneficiaries
- RSA beneficiaries
- Employees on full-time parental education leave
- Beneficiaries of the shared child education benefit (PreParE)
As a reminder, there is no action to take if you are concerned with your family allowances fund, since the payment will be made automatically.
The inflation premium is intended to be paid between December 2021 and February 2022. No specific date could be brought forward for technical reasons. In fact, the payment will have to be ensured through several channels, depending on the beneficiary’s situation. Here is the payment schedule envisaged by the government:
- End of December 2021: this is the date on which employees will receive their inflation compensation, directly on their payslip. The employer will be responsible for the payment, before being compensated by the State in a second step. The self-employed are also affected by this deadline (the Urssaf will then take care of the payment), as are scholarship students (compensated by the Crous).
- End of January 2022 : the State will pay the inflation allowance for civil servants, job seekers (via Pôle emploi), invalids, students receiving APL and beneficiaries of minimum social benefits (via the Family allowances fund).
- February 2022 : it is at this date that retirees should receive the inflation allowance, via their pension fund.