Netflix has unveiled its top 10 movies of all time after finding a new way to calculate the popularity of its films.
The streaming giant began to determine the rankings by looking at the total number of hours watched in the first 28 days of a new show or movie release.
Previously, Netflix used the household views metric, which was counted after two minutes of viewing.
With that in mind, the list has changed a bit so you get a better idea of how long to watch a movie or show.
Find out how many of your favorite movies are showing:
- Bird Box – 282 million hours
- Red notice – 277.9 million hours
- Extraction – 231 million hours
- The Irishman – 215 million hours
- The Kissing Booth 2 – 209 millions d’heures
- 6 Underground – 205 million hours
- Spenser Confidential – 197 million hours
- Enola Holmes – 190 million hours
- Army of the Dead – 187 million hours
- The old guard – 186 million hours
What do you think – didn’t one of your favorites get picked up? It may not be so surprising that Bird box, starring Sandra Bullock, is so high seen that it became a social media phenomenon following its release in 2018.
Then there is Red Notice, the big-budget movie starring Ryan Reynolds, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and Gal Gadot – right after its release, fans were already clamoring for a sequel.
Netflix also used its new metric system to determine the ten most popular TV shows, which you can see below:
- Squid Game: Season 1 – 1.6 billion hours
- Bridgerton: Season 1 – 625 million hours
- Money Heist: Part 4 – 619 million hours
- Stranger Things 3 – 582 million hours
- The Witcher: Season 1 – 541 million hours
- 13 Reasons Why: Season 2 – 496 million hours
- 13 Reasons Why: Season 1 – 476 million hours
- Maid: Limited Series – 469 million hours
- You: Season 3 – 468 million hours
- You: Season 2 – 457 million hours
Sure Squid game came first, although 1.6 billion hours?! It’s a hell of a viewing time.
We can’t say it’s undeserved, however – the South Korean survival drama was gripping, heartfelt, and full of twists and turns.
Since season two was confirmed by show creator Hwang Dong-hyuk earlier this month, we’ve been wondering if she’ll overthrow the first round on Netflix’s Top Ten list? Time will tell us.
45seconds is a new medium, do not hesitate to share our article on social networks to give us a solid boost. 🙂
The greatest sleuth of all time
The most beautiful cars of all time