January 25, 2022

I’m A Celebrity viewers want the show to leave Gwrych Castle or take a year if return to Australia ruled out

FED-UP I’m a Celebrity Viewers want the show to return to Australia in 2022 – and would prefer a gap year rather than a return to Gwrych Castle in North Wales.

Even so, most fans believe the celebrities enjoyed “a walk in the park” from this series.

Rex

Viewers also found the previously dreaded lawsuits to be a snap.[/caption]

A Sun poll ahead of the final found that just a quarter of viewers – 24% – believe Gwrych Castle should host for a third year.

They feel that the trials were easy, that the streak was not up to par and that Richard Madeley should have been allowed to stay.

And most believe if the Covid restrictions remain into next November, bosses should remove the Welsh back-up plan and look for a new location.

A Sun poll ahead of the final found that just a quarter of viewers – 24% – believe Gwrych Castle should host for a third year.

Thirty-one percent said producers should go somewhere other than the Category I country house near Abergele.

A total of 41% said the show is set to take a year off for the first time in its 20-year history.

A source said: ‘The castle was a fit for a year, but viewers clearly want Australia or nothing.

“The novelty of a new location was exciting last year, but in 2022 it must be Oz again. “

Overall, 80% of viewers felt the stars had had it too easy this year, while only 10% thought it had been difficult for them. The others were undecided.

Some 79 percent agreed that the producers had “obviously” manipulated the series.

Eight percent disagreed and the rest sat on the fence.

Viewers also found the previously dreaded lawsuits to be a snap.

Only 6% rated them as “most difficult” to date, while 65% rated them as “mostly easy”.

The source added, “The program has always been considered the most difficult of the big reality shows, but this year people seem to think it was too simple.

“Despite the occasional intruders and the site that took Storm Arwen’s beating, fans believe the celebrities took a walk in the park.

“They were well fed, well watered and lived in a warm castle. It didn’t seem as difficult as in previous years despite the bosses’ claims.

HOT TEMPERATURES

We explained last week how the temperature in the camp was kept quite high at 18C, despite the expelled stars complaining about the cold.

When asked if they thought the bosses were secretly warming the camp, 71% agreed, while only 8% said no.

Earlier this week, viewers also backed football legend David Ginola, 54, to come home as the winner.

But the tide seemed to change after her clash with former BBC Breakfast host Louise Minchin, 53, and fans then seemed to switch to Simon.

Another gripe in our pre-final poll was the removal of fan favorite Madeley, 65, less than a week after the show started.

URGENCE MADELEY

The host of Good Morning Britain was told he could not return after ‘breaking the Covid bubble’ when he was rushed to hospital in the middle of the night with a medical emergency.

But a few days later, the whole group was evacuated from the castle before returning.

Fans have accused the bosses of showing double standards.

In our poll, in which over 60,000 people participated, 61% said Madeley should have “definitely” been allowed to return.

About a third – 32% – said it was right that he was not allowed to go back.

In a final disturbing result, viewers said they were, by and large, unimpressed with the series – presented as never before by And and Dec.

When asked how they rated it, only 17% said it was “excellent” or “above average”. Almost half of those polled – 47 percent – said they were either “below average” or “extremely poor”.

Rex

Most believe if Covid restrictions remain into next November, bosses should ditch Welsh back-up plan and look for a new location[/caption]

Rex

80% of viewers thought the stars had it too easy this year while only 10% thought it was difficult for them[/caption]

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for the Sun News Bureau?

Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4104. You can send us a WhatsApp on 07423 720 250. We also pay for videos.

Click here to upload yours.

Click here to receive The Sun newspaper FREE for the next six weeks.