ITV emphasized the safety of the cast and crew on the show (Photo: ITV / Rex / Shutterstock)
An intruder who made it to the set of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! 2021 has been removed following a security breach at Gwrych Castle, ITV has confirmed.
Earlier this week, it was confirmed that Richard Madeley was forced to quit the reality show after going to hospital with sudden illness, later assuring that he felt “fit like a violin”.
However, this is not the only drama the series has faced in recent days, as it is understood that an intrusion occurred on set earlier this week.
The incident is said to have taken place before Friday’s live episode was cut short due to inclement weather conditions caused by Storm Arwen, with a pre-recorded episode airing in its place.
A statement released by I’m A Celeb noted that the individual in question had been struck off “with immediate effect.”
“A security breach was identified and an intruder was evicted from the premises with immediate effect. The safety of our celebrities and our production team remains our primary concern, ”he said.
Richard Madeley was “gutted” to quit the show earlier (Photo: ITV / Rex / Shutterstock)
The breach came shortly after a fan made it through several security checkpoints on set before the stars arrived, capturing behind-the-scenes photos and videos.
After Friday night’s episode, hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly expressed their hope that Saturday would see a return to the usual live format.
“Thank you for your company here tonight during #ImACeleb. Hopefully we’ll be back “live” tomorrow, weather permitting. Please stay safe there, ”Dec wrote in a tweet shared on their joint account.
Thank you for your company here tonight during #ImACeleb. Hope we are back “live” ???? tomorrow, weather permitting.
Please stay safe there. D
– antanddec (@antanddec) 26 Nov 2021
Richard recently gave his first interview since leaving the castle prematurely, claiming he was “gutted” to leave.
Speaking to Ant and Dec, the presenter of Good Morning Britain: “I feel as fit as a violin and I am as fit as a violin. And you know, without Covid, I would have come back there eating rice and beans.
“I had to leave… it’s a Covid situation. It always bites our butt, doesn’t it? What happened was I just had a funny little ride quite late in the morning.
Explaining that ITV is “so good with due diligence,” he said they were “adamant” that they had to check that Richard was okay.
More: I’m a celebrity
“So I went to the local hospital – I was only there for about an hour and a half – they gave me very thorough checks and gave me a perfectly healthy state of health, I go to everything. quite well. No matter what you may have read, I’m doing great, ”he said.
As Richard made his way to the hospital, it meant he had broken the Covid ‘bubble’ the celebrities were in, which meant he couldn’t return to the castle.
Metro.co.uk has contacted ITV for comment.
I’m a celebrity… Get me out of here! returns tonight at 9 p.m. on ITV.
Do you have a story?
If you have a celebrity story, video or photos, contact the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us at [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit page love to hear from you.
MORE: I’m a Celebrity 2021: Richard Madeley spotted for the first time since leaving the show after a trip to the hospital
MORE: I’m a 2021 Celebrity: Adam Woodyatt Gets Stern Castle Warning By EastEnders Co-Star Shane Richie